The Iowa Conservation and Preservation Consortium (ICPC) is offering two $500 reimbursement scholarships to the International Center for Preservation Studies in Mount Carroll, Illinois, Northern States Conservation Center on-line classes, the Midwest Art Conservation Center in Minneapolis, or Museum Study on-line classes.
• Applicants must Iowa residents or college students who are working in a museum, historical society, library, archive, genealogical society library, government record office or other institution that preserves the history and culture of Iowa.
• Applicants must be an individual member of the ICPC or from an organization that has an institutional membership with ICPC.
• The recipient must demonstrate that the class taken will be utilized within Iowa.
• The winner is expected to provide either a report or a presentation at an ICPC event.
Download PDF application available through link
2017 Scholarship for ICPC Members
Applications are due March 15. Send application and all attachments in an e-mail to ICPC board member Elizabeth Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “ICPC scholarship application”.
Please send questions to email@example.com
Call for Presentations
Iowa Conservation and Preservation Consortium
Save Our Stuff (SOS), the Annual Conference and Meeting of the Iowa Conservation and Preservation Consortium (ICPC) will be held on June 9, 2017, at Amana Colonies’ Amana Community Church, in Homestead, IA.
Preserving and conserving Iowa’s cultural heritage is a pillar in the missions of many institutions around the state. ICPC’s Save Our Stuff conference focuses on strategies and practices that meet the preservation needs of Iowa’s cultural institutions. Proposals are now being accepted for sessions for the 2017 ICPC Conference and Annual Meeting. Topics should directly address issues of preservation and conservation of cultural materials including, but not limited to, books, manuscripts, ephemera, and artifacts. Presentations ought to be applicable to institutions with various staff sizes and budgets.
Speakers may propose sessions in the following formats:
- Full sessions – 50 minutes in length. If you are proposing a roundtable or panel presentation, please include names and titles of all participants.
- Half Session – 20 minute presentation as a joint session on a common topic.
Proposals should be submitted via e-mail with the subject heading “2017 SOS Proposal” to the ICPC Administrative Assistant at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is March 31, 2017. Proposals accepted for sessions will be notified in April. Speakers are requested to donate their time, expertise, and travel. Lunch is provided for speakers, but those wishing to attend conference sessions other than their own must register.