ICPC has extended the scholarship application deadline until JULY 30, 2018. Please go to the scholarship tab to apply before time runs out.
Preservation Destination 2018
Organized and Sponsored by ICPC for its Members.
Come and Explore the Western Central Area of Iowa
Behind the scenes free tours of 3 historic treasures.
Monday, August 6 from 9:15 – 3:15
Registration Deadline – July 30 for meal reservation
9:15 – 10:15 German Hausbarn
(12196 311th St, Manning, IA 51455)
10:15 – 10:45 Travel time
10:45-12:15 Museum of Danish America
(2212 Washington St. Elk Horn, IA 51531)
12:15 – 1 Lunch at the Museum of Danish America
Includes your choice of a Chicken Salad Wrap or a Veggie Wrap, chips, cookie and water or lemonade for $7.25 – Make checks payable to the Museum of Danish America or bring exact change. NO CARDS
With Speaker Kara McKeever, Manager of Genealogy Center, Elk Horn
1:15 – 1:45 Bedstemors House – period home at Museum of Danish America
1:45 – 2:15 Travel time and break
2:15 – 3:15 Coca-Cola Museum
(4 East Second St., Atlantic, IA 50022)
To Register: Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include: (please feel free to copy and paste the small form below into your email)
Phone Number in case of emergency (such as the unlikely event that we would have to cancel):
Your choice of a Veggie, or Chicken Salad Wrap:
Not a member? Join as a member at Preservation Destination.
We’d love to have you come.
Friday, June 8th
220 E Main St.
Marshalltown, IA 50158
The Events of the Day Include: (Scroll Down to Register)
- 8:30 -9:00 — Registration (Theater Entrance)
- Vendors set up in Black Box Theater
- 9:00 – 9:50 — General Session (Black Box Theater)
- Orpheum Theater (Bob Untiedt, Orpheum Theater)
- 10:00 – 10:50 — Session 1
- Dirty, Brittle Books: Cleaning Techniques & Protective Enclosures (Julie Smith & Shelby Strommer, University of Iowa Libraries) – Meeting Room A
- Managing Preservation and Digital Project Workflows (Erin Anderson, Lindsey Hillgartner, Sonya Barron, and Mindy McCoy, Iowa State University Library) – Meeting Room B
- 11:00 – 11:50 — Session 2
- Natural History Collections: Preservation and Cleaning (Cindy Opitz, University of Iowa Pentacrest Museums) – Meeting room A
- Disaster Response: Initial Steps (Nancy Kraft, University of Iowa Libraries) – Meeting Room B
- 12:00 – 12:50 – Lunch & Annual Meeting (Black Box Theater)
- 1:00 – 1:50 — Keynote (Black Box Theater)
- Care of Photographs (Onnica Marquez, St. Ambrose University)
- 2:00 – 2:50
- Marshall County Courthouse Tour
- 3:00 – 3:50
- Edel Blacksmith Shop Tour (Keith Niedermann)
Download and print this immediate response checklist poster. This poster was created in 2009 by the Iowa Historical Records Advisory Board for Archives Month. We think it is so useful that we wanted to make it available here.